Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: York International Film Festival

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My first "crappy" film is playing at this yearsYIFF in March.

    Just wondering if anybody has attended the show before.

    I'm contemplating on whether it?s worth the train fare.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If your film is showing then it would be a shame for you not to be there. You might regret it later if you don't.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about a link that works.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member andyblaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just remove the extra http:// at the start of the link and it works fine.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On my browser that is not an option. I guess I could "quote" the post and do all that work.

    When one makes a link, it's wise to delete the initial http that appears in the window and just cut and paste the entire address.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try this Alex:

    http://www.yiff.co.uk/about.htm

    PS - Congrats Spoon Boy.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 06:18 AM: Message edited by: Justin M. ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheers.

    Well I think I might as well go. I suppose they're either going to be laughing with me or at me.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Spoon boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheers.

    Well I think I might as well go. I suppose they're either going to be laughing with me or at me.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the bigger picture. I entered a different festival and made the "citation" list. That means that my film was considered a "top 30" out of 150 entries, but it won't be screened at the festival because it wasn't in the "top 20".

    I did a final edit to the film after entering that festival that I think made the film a lot more solid, but the bottom line is the version I originally submitted wasn't top 20 material, but it appears your film is being shown at the festival you entered, so if you can afford the trip and time, you will probably gain something from the experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •